Soreness, stiffness and pain are all too common. “I just live with it”… we hear this frequently. It just doesn’t have to be that way.
Osteopathy is a form of manual medicine that helps to eleviate pain, aches, and stiffness.
What is osteopathy?
Osteopathy is more than just bones! Osteopaths treat a variety of musculoskeletal complaints that involve joint pain, muscle pain, ligament sprains and nerve pain. Our practitioners are fully qualified, experienced practitioners that provide therapeutic manual treatments that are complemented with educational and therapeutic advice and management.
What we use in osteopathy to help you?
- Manual techniques– hands-on techniques. Our osteopaths identify important areas and the types of dysfunction in your body. Techniques such as stretching and massage for general treatment of the soft tissues (muscles, tendons and ligaments) along with mobilization of specific joints and soft tissues are used to relieve your symptoms.
- Nutrition – food is medicine. It contains all the nutrients and minerals that are required for good health. Together, we look at your daily diet and work tweak it to suit you and your body. We don’t eliminate, we substitute… so you are still left with real food to eat!
- Rehabilitation- exercise is gold. Strengthening the muscles and mobilising the joints through exercise really speeds up progress and helps to prevent the inury or pain from reoccurring. Our osteopaths will discuss with you what type of exercises you are able to do and the best way to fit it into your daily life.
- Dry Needling- our osteopaths are trained in the skill of dry needling. This is really useful for many conditions. Not everyone likes “needles”…. and that’s ok! We don’t have to use them. Sometimes, dry needling is not warranted and will not be used. Other times, you may not want and it won’t be used. Other times, it is requested!
- Percussion Therapy- this is another tool that we can use to help. It is particularly great for tendon injuries. Again, it may be useful. Your osteopath will discuss with you if this can be of benefit for you.
What can I expect during my first consultation?
Your first consultation will take approximately 45 minutes.
We extensively investigate your health and figure out the biomechanics behind your pain.
Our approach allows us to thoroughly gain a clinical picture of you and your history and gain insight into your condition.
We talk to you and devise the most appropriate treatment plan.
Which conditions does osteopathy best help?
Everything related to musculoskeletal health.
We may be able to provide relieve for:
- muscle pain
- joint sprains/ pain
- disc problems
- headaches and migraines
- back and neck stiffness
- pain sleeping at night
- jaw pain
- elbow and hand conditions/ pain
- knee, ankle and foot problems
Which conditions can’t we help?
There may be a time that your osteopath will refer you immediately to your doctor.
We are trained practitioners and fully understand what we can and can not treat. If we detect a condition that requires medical attention, we will refer you promptly.