Winter brings coldness… and sometimes we seek the warmer foods to warm our bones. But with that can come extra calories and maybe a few extra inches on the hips. Not ideal.
Soup! It is very nutritious, low in calories and oh so warm! Try this pumpkin soup with a twist. Add a piece of bread of your choice. Mmmmmm.
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
3/4 medium sized butternut pumpkin, skin and seeds removed, chopped
2 medium potatoes, chopped
1-1 1/2 teaspoons mild curry powder
salt and cracked black pepper
2 1/2 cups vegetable stock
1 cup full cream
chilli powder to taste, if desired
- Heat oil in a large saucepan over low heat
- Add onion cook for 2-3 minutes, until softened but not coloured.
- Add garlic and spices and cook, stirring, for 30 seconds.
- Add pumpkin, potato and stock and bring to the boil.
- Turn heat to low, cover and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Allow to cool slightly, then blend in batches.
- Return soup to pan, stir through cream and reheat gently.
- Season and add a little more chilli if desired.
This blog post is an educational tool only. It is not a replacement for medical advice from a registered and qualified doctor or health professional.
Phone: (03) 9773 8085