Hands on techniques throughout your treatment are just one part of the care you will receive here at Total Balance Healthcare. In addition to this we pride ourselves on our ability to give you the most well rounded and tailored management plans and care including but not exclusively to exercise and rehabilitation advice.
Exercise and rehabilitation are fundamentally important for the treatment and care of your complaint, and the team at Total Balance Healthcare understand everyone is different. As a result we will strive to provide individualised advice and programmed rehabilitation exercises.
Exercises and rehabilitation advice provided aim to address a variety of areas including;
- Pain management and advice.
- Balancing exercises to re-strengthen the receptors within ligaments of the body which provide stability and improve position sense (proprioception).
- Active and passive mobility exercises to restore normal range of motion to areas of the body.
- Strengthening of specific muscles which are identified as weakened throughout the body.
- Improvement in flexibility of areas in the body specific to your complaint.
- Supportive braces/strapping, dependent on the type and severity of the injury, however, these are not indicated in most cases.
- Easy to follow advice regarding your work set-up or sporting activities.
Rehabilitation is always on going and continual assessment of your advancement will occur and progression of your exercises will be provided by your osteopath. We understand that some of you will be working in conjunction with personal trainers and group fitness classes, and we are more than happy to communicate with these people for you.
Are you after personalized rehabilitation or exercise that suits you?
Seeing one of our osteos may help. To book an osteopathy appointment in Chelsea Heights, you can book online or you can call us on (03) 9773 8085 .
If you’re a private health insurance holder, ask our reception team whether you’re eligible to receive a subsidized consultation price.
Follow us on Social Media
For our best tips & tricks, follow us on Social Media!!! We love to share the good stuff